Group CSR Approach and Promotion Structure
Group CSR Approach
- Aiming to Be a "Good Company" Trusted by Stakeholders
- Tokio Marine Group has provided “safety and security” to society and contributed to its development by making the most of its abundant knowledge and experience accumulated over many years in the insurance industry. In the future as well, Tokio Marine Group will make efforts to solve issues faced by society and raise its corporate value continuously while contributing to the creation of a safe, secure and sustainable future. By doing so, Tokio Marine Group aims to become a Good Company trusted by customers, local communities and other stakeholders.
- Focusing on Three Core CSR Themes and Working in Collaboration with Stakeholders
- Tokio Marine Group has identified “Providing Safety and Security,” “Protecting the Earth” and “Supporting People” as core CSR themes and is promoting CSR in collaboration and cooperation with various stakeholders.
- Implementing the Corporate Philosophy in accordance with the Tokio Marine Group CSR Charter
- Tokio Marine Group regards CSR as the essence of the implementation of our Corporate Philosophy. In accordance with the Tokio Marine Group CSR Charter, which serves as behavioral guidelines, all employees will implement CSR based on their own ideas and promote CSR that guides society.
- Respect for the International Code of Conduct and Human Rights
- Tokio Marine Group supports and respects the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, ILO Core Labour Standards, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, as well as ISO 26000. The ideas and contents of the ten principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption advocated by the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) coincide with Tokio Marine Group’s own approach to CSR as well as its CSR Charter. Therefore, Tokio Marine Holdings has been participating in the UNGC since 2005.
Group CSR Approach
Tokio Marine Group Corporate Philosophy
With customer trust as the foundation for all its activities, Tokio Marine Group continually strives to raise corporate value.
Tokio Marine Group CSR Charter
Tokio Marine Group is committed to fulfilling its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by implementing its Corporate Philosophy to achieve sustainable growth together with the development of society in accordance with the following principles:
Products and Services
We aim to provide society with products and services to meet its needs for safety and security.
Respect Human Rights and Dignity
- We respect and actively promote the recognition of human rights.
- We strive to ensure an energetic working environment that is both safe and healthy and to promote training and education of our employees.
- We respect the right to privacy and strive to enforce sound information management and control.
Protection of the Global Environment
Acknowledging that the protection of the global environment is an important responsibility for all corporate entities, we respect the harmonization with and the improvement of the global environment in all of our activities.
Contribution to Local Communities and Societies
As a member of various communities and societies, we respect the diversity of cultures and customs and we aim to contribute actively to the needs of the current era.
While striving to maintain high ethical standards at all times, we will pursue strict compliance in all aspects of our business activities.
We intend to disclose information timely and appropriately and to promote dialogue with all our stakeholders to ensure effective corporate management.
Group CSR Promotion Structure
Tokio Marine Group is building a structure that encompasses the Board of Directors, CSR Board, CSR Key Persons Conference, CSR Dialogue and CSR Division and is promoting CSR though this structure.
Board of Directors
At Tokio Marine Group, the Tokio Marine Holdings Board of Directors determines and evaluates Group CSR strategies on a regular basis.
The CSR Board, with members consisting of the president of Tokio Marine Holdings and the presidents of domestic Group companies, convenes regularly to share and discuss CSR-related information.
Tokio Marine Group regularly convenes the CSR Dialogue with external experts and Group management-level staff and opinions from this dialogue are reflected in our CSR strategies and initiatives.
CSR Key Persons Conference
CSR key persons are appointed to promote CSR within the divisions in charge of CSR at the respective Group companies. The CSR Key Persons Conference convenes regularly and shares and discusses CSR strategies and initiatives.
We established the CSR Division, Corporate Planning Department at Tokio Marine Holdings for promoting Group CSR.