Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc. (the "Company") announced today its business plan on an adjusted earnings basis (see Appendix 2 for details) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013 ("FY 2012").
In the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 ("FY 2011"), the Tokio Marine Group recorded -18.7 billion yen in total adjusted earnings mainly due to the effects of flooding in Thailand, typhoons and other natural disasters.
In FY 2012, Tokio Marine Group targets 165 billion yen in total adjusted earnings. Details of the FY 2012 adjusted earnings targets under the business plan are as follows:
- 42 billion yen for the domestic property and casualty insurance business;
- 53 billion yen for the domestic life insurance business;
- 68 billion yen for the overseas insurance business; and
- 2 billion yen for financial services and other business.
The above targets were made assuming a typical year of loss events and that financial market conditions are similar to prevailing conditions at the FY 2011 year-end.
Business performance indices for major business segments
1. Domestic property and casualty insurance business
Indices for Tokio Marine & Nichido and Nisshin Fire are as follows:
2. Domestic life insurance business
Indices for Tokio Marine & Nichido Life are as follows:
3. Overseas insurance business
Indices for the overseas insurance business are as follows:
The business plans described above are based on information available to the Company as of the date of this document. Actual results may materially differ from the plans.